Monday, October 15, 2007

Packing...


This is a whole new thing for me. I have never packed up my whole family and moved. When I married Chad I brought my chest of drawers and clothes to the house we live in now. Since then we have accumulated two kids and all their things, bigger furniture, a treadmill and a karaoke machine (surely you have a karaoke machine...okay, maybe not).
I packed a little bit today but didn't make too much progress however Chad is like Super Packing-man. In less than an hour he had 8 boxes packed. Can you believe? He moved around alot as a kid so it must have come back to him.
The moving guys come NEXT Tuesday so we have to be ready by then. Until then we will be living among brown boxes. Which, can I just say something about those brown boxes? What a BLESSING! I sent out an e-mail for boxes and had four different people either let us pickup boxes or deliver them to our home. How nice is that? I tell you, I have the best friends. Not just the girls who gave boxes but MANY have been so nice to us during our move (okay, that needs to be another post because I could go on and on about my friends).
Love to you all! Have a super Tuesday!

7 comments:

Candy said...

Good luck with the packing! Wow, I didn't realize ya'll have lived in that house since you married. Packing is not so fun, but it is fun unpacking at your new house and getting everything organized! :)

Autumn said...

Moving is definatly exhausting. I have moved more times than I want to think about, and it is never easy. Let me know if you need any help.

Laura said...

I know this has got to be exciting for you...aside from the packing part. I'm so happy for y'all.

destiny said...

Good Luck with that!! I don't like to pack. Luckily, the last time we moved we had packers and movers. That is a little weird having someone else pack your things. They really know what they are doing though. I was pretty impressed at how fast they got everything in boxes!

Betty said...

As Destiny, the 3 times I had moced we had had a packers and movers eventhougt I hate to move but when you don't have a choice just keep going with the flow i guess.

Good look with everything!

canscrap4u2 said...

Your kidding right? You've NEVER packed up your family and moved? Ok, I have to tell you, we've moved 8 times in 7-15 years. It will make you never want to do it again, and it only gets easier, because you learn from each one what NOT to do next time!

canscrap4u2 said...

Your kidding right? You've NEVER packed up your family and moved? Ok, I have to tell you, we've moved 8 times in 7-15 years. It will make you never want to do it again, and it only gets easier, because you learn from each one what NOT to do next time!