Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

We had a beautiful day made possible by our Lord! I praise God that we serve a risen Savior.

Here are some photos from our day...
Our morning started with Easter baskets filled with goodies and a Chutes and Ladders game.
During the church hour we had children's church, which was a special thing for Easter. Willie the Clown and Mrs. Rhonda took good care of the kids teaching them about Jesus. Willie (a.k.a. Earl) made balloon animals for all the kids.

After church we had a potluck dinner. It was so good and is always a fun way to try new foods. I told Hayden before we left for church this morning that we were going to have "dinner on the grounds" and he said, "Yuck, why would you eat dinner on the ground?" Funny kid!
We divided the kids up by ages so they could hunt with kids around their age. Here the boys are with the other 3-6 year olds.Hayden hunting eggs. We stuffed over 800 eggs!
Parker with a little help from Mrs. Melissa.
After Hayden found all these eggs he came inside and declared, "Daddy, I give up!"After hunting Easter eggs, we had this great big inflatable! On the left side is a jumping area and then on the right is a ladder and slide. Boy was it fun! Even the adults were having fun once most of the kids were gone! It is REALLY good exercise!Parker going down the inflatable slide. These kids were figuring out CRAZY ways to get down the slide!Hayden's turn to slide down!!!Mrs. Theresa and I also painted faces. Really she did most of it and is VERY good. I did simple stuff...like crosses, footballs, "LSU", butterflies and balloons.

We were WORN OUT after all of this but it was FUN! I hope that we have started a new tradition with our church family...I think it was enjoyed by all!

8 comments:

Candy said...

Angela,
That all sounds like so much fun! I'm tired from just reading all of it! Can't wait to see ya'll in the morning. :)

destiny said...

That was a fun way to celebrate Easter! I love the comment about dinner on the grounds! I never understood that either when I was little!

Leigh Ann said...

Looks like so much fun. You sure do have some handsome young men!

Autumn said...

Wow! It looks like you all had a great easter. It seems like you have a wonderful church. I'm happy for you.

Michelle said...

Those baskets look packed! What fun at your church on Easter, the kids look so happy in all the photos!

The Hickmans said...

What a fun Easter! I love the picture of the cross that you have. Thanks for continuing to check up on me- it's good to be back. :)

Julie said...

It looks like a fun filled day. I think I would have been worn out. I love the idea of having lunch at church.

Betty said...

I am sure that your kids love their Easter in all the pictures look that they are having the best time ever.