Last Tuesday night, Chad's grandmother passed away after a long battle with cancer. She, along with many other family members, was instrumental in me getting through college and that is why I like this photo so much.
Chad and I went to college at Northwestern State University in Natchitoches. Granny Bea lived just 20 minutes away and it was comforting to know she was so close by. We were able to take our clothes to Granny's house to wash them and often times she suggested that we leave them and she would wash them for us. She was always cooking something and offered for us to stay and eat. Remember college cafeteria food? Granny's offer of food was like eating at the White House. We also enjoyed going to the same church as Granny. She was a Sunday School teacher for 20 plus years and it was always so nice to be able to go to the same church as her (although she probably thought the same of us).
I'm so thankful for Granny because she was instrumental in Chad becoming the man that he is today. She was the constant Christian influence in his life and got him back into church during our college years, which lead to the Lord calling him to surrender to the ministry.
I've just started reading the book One Minute After You Die and I like what it says about what Granny Bea experienced..."Those who find themselves in Heaven will be surrounded with friends whom they have known on earth. Friendships, once rudely interrupted by death, will continue where they left off. Every description of heaven they have ever heard will pale in the light of reality. All this, forever."
I'm excited to know that Granny Bea is experiencing all this now...being more alive than she has ever been before.
Chad and I went to college at Northwestern State University in Natchitoches. Granny Bea lived just 20 minutes away and it was comforting to know she was so close by. We were able to take our clothes to Granny's house to wash them and often times she suggested that we leave them and she would wash them for us. She was always cooking something and offered for us to stay and eat. Remember college cafeteria food? Granny's offer of food was like eating at the White House. We also enjoyed going to the same church as Granny. She was a Sunday School teacher for 20 plus years and it was always so nice to be able to go to the same church as her (although she probably thought the same of us).
I'm so thankful for Granny because she was instrumental in Chad becoming the man that he is today. She was the constant Christian influence in his life and got him back into church during our college years, which lead to the Lord calling him to surrender to the ministry.
I've just started reading the book One Minute After You Die and I like what it says about what Granny Bea experienced..."Those who find themselves in Heaven will be surrounded with friends whom they have known on earth. Friendships, once rudely interrupted by death, will continue where they left off. Every description of heaven they have ever heard will pale in the light of reality. All this, forever."
I'm excited to know that Granny Bea is experiencing all this now...being more alive than she has ever been before.
7 comments:
I'm so sorry, Angela! I love the sweet memories you have of Chad's Granny though. I really loved reading this. I never knew this "story".
This is sweet Angela, I know she will be missed by you guys very much. It makes me happy to think of what joy these special people are experiencing after death, being able to be with our Lord! Her long battle is now over with, what a blessing. How great that you got to become close to family on Chad's side so early on in yours and Chad's relationship.
I am sorry to hear that but for sure she is in better place than us. God don't make mistakes and he put Granny Bee in your lifes for a reason. Great post and beautiful paragraf!
I thought I recognized that row of windows behind y'all! I graduated from NSU as well!
I'm so sorry for your loss but how fabulous that Granny Bea is having a high old time in heaven now?! Praise the Lord for grannies like her that care so much!
I'm so sorry for your loss, but I rejoice with you on Granny Bea's homecoming.
I am sorry for your loss, but I love the saying that you wrote. She is really happy right now.
It sounds like your Granny was an incredible woman. I praise God that she was such an influence to you and your husband. What a sweet post.
Post a Comment