Monday, March 17, 2008

So...

you already know I like to shop at Walmart in the morning but I might have a sickness. Here is what I mean...

Yesterday I sat down and figured out everything I was going to cook for the next almost two weeks. I don't have foods on a regular rotation and I'm eating healthy so it is important for me to try new dishes each week. So I searched my friend's blogs and found a bunch of yummy recipes to try along with some family favorites. I started by making a list of what I will be eating for dinner each night. At the same time I make another list of what I need for the recipe and also check my cabinets so I don't buy anything that I already have. Last night, I sat down and typed the below grocery list grouping cold foods, non-groceries, etc. and also went through the sale papers of other stores since Walmart price matches.


This morning I got up at 5am and drove to Super Walmart (love this place, especially in the early mornings). Got my list and calculator and bought everything on my list plus a whole bunch of stuff I know to buy and don't have to put on a list. Two hours and two hundred dollars later I was out and on my way back home.

So...what's the problem? The sickness? Here you go...I actually ENJOY THIS! Sick puppy, aren't I?

After all that, you must be curious what I'm eating. I am linking the some of the recipe names to the blog/website where I got the recipe from...

Have a super week!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! A typed list huh? I gotta hand it to you....I too love making my list out for an entire week but I don't think I could come up with two weeks worth, plus you know I have freezer issues :) And $200? I'm always over $150 and just under $200 for one week.

Leigh Ann said...

Okay. I am soooo impressed! You are so organized. Can you please come shop for me? :) Let me know how you like the linguine.

Betty said...

Wow! $200 for two weeks and 4 of family. You are a super shopper!
Thanks for share the recipes I may try one of those. I truly admire you!

Candy said...

Can you go to Wal-mart for me tomorrow? I have my list ready! Ha!! I just hate that place. I'm glad someone likes it. :) All the recipes sound yummy!

canscrap4u2 said...

Ok, I must confess...I used to do that when we lived a long way from the base and I had to shop at the commissary to save money...I made out a menu and wrote it on the calendar, down to the day. Carl liked looking on the calendar to see what was for dinner before he evne left for work. It cuts out alot of time running back and forth to the store and probably saves money as well. Kudos to you.
PS Your sickness if organization and I got it too!

Julie said...

Oh how I wished you lived in OK!!! I would have you go for me. Wal-Mart wipes me out and I just have to shop for Bryan and I.
Maybe if I had enough self discipline to get up at 5 am I would like Wal-Mart better.

It sounds like you are really on top of things!!

destiny said...

Can you do this for us every week or two? Call it Menu plan Mondays!

My stomach growled while reading this post! YUM!

Sharron said...

You know...people actually make a living out of planning people'e meals. Maybe this is yet another gift of yours :)